- Grew a garden,
- Took vegetables offered by friends who had gardens,
- Froze veggies for future use,
- Checked internet deals by restaurants directly,
- And bought from local farmers directly.
- We stopped baking as many goodies and bought our meat and veggies on sale when at all possible and shopped the few specials we could find at local grocery stores - Lowe's Foods and Bloom offers them often.
Here are some places you can buy direct from local farmers in the Charlotte area:Barbee Farms - Concord, N.C. & local markets
Wild Turkey Farms - China Grove, N.C. & local markets
Big Oak Farm - Denver, N.C. & local markets
Gilchrist Natural Farms - Iron Station, N.C. & local markets
Grateful Growers - Lincoln County, N.C. & local markets
Poplar Ridge Farms - Union County, N.C. & local markets/ CSA
And the best resource for grass fed meat is here: Eat Wild N.C.
In some of the coming posts we will explore ways to be gluten free which won't break your pocket, nor add undue amounts of sugar and processed foods into your dietary changes. That way when you splurge on the GF treat you are craving, you won't break the scale.